Thursday, April 14, 2011

Hello World!

I have no good reason for this blog, other than finding a place to show off my creations. Some of them work out exactly as planned. Most don't. I can waste hours of time with some old t-shirts and a pair of scissors, and sometimes I end up with something that I love! I also spend time painting with acrylic paint, reading, and watching some really geeky TV and movies. But those things are for a different blog! Maybe I will create one someday, but for now, I just don't have the time.

I am a Renegade Seamstress. What that means to me, is that I love to sew, but I don't like to follow directions! I rarely use a store bought pattern, and when I do, I usually alter it. Most of the clothes I make come from something else. Old jeans, T-shirts, skirts, even sheets! Anything fabric can become raw material for me. I don't like to spend tons of money on clothes that I know I could make myself, and make better. I hate getting rid of old clothes that don't fit. And I love knowing that nobody else has something like mine!

No comments:

Post a Comment